Thursday, January 20, 2011

Winter Break Excursions

We had quite the adventure taking the kids for the "Winter Break Swap".

Tim made it to Utah before the excitement started......

They ended up in a ditch on the side of the Hwy after spinning around bout 3 times.
Everyone was just fine except the truck....  
The sand in the back of the truck slammed into the tailgate and bent it.... one bag is still in the ditch.  
Luckily the trip back was uneventful.

Luckily, I had Hailey to make the trip with me both times.
She played with the camera almost the whole way down for the first trip.


Thankfully, it was just cold weather for us.

But, the return trip to pick the kids up and bring them home was a little different.......
First, I got the Tahoe started to warm up and the heater stopped working in the front.
We had to move everything over to the truck while it warmed up.

A lot of blowing snow and the road got worse the further South we drove.

Hailey still managed to have a good time.

It really sucked but, I didn't freak out once.

Because of the blowing snow and everyone passing us blowing more snow, 
OH, and not having a grill cover on the truck, gave me lots of trouble!
The air filter kept clogging up with snow and ice.

I am too short to reach the filter to get it changed.

HAY!!!!! LOL
I get the kids everytime......

Then, I got a phone call from Tim on New Years Day.... I had to drive to Helena to get the boys.
It wasn't too bad.  The views are Gorgeous!!!


And, finally, back to Great Falls!!!


Everyone made it home safely and that is all that really matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment